Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: Obama's Beer

Following up on Mark's post:

I'm really let down by this most recent turn of events. I'm not talking about what Obama said about the police officer (I see no reason to get worked up over it, unlike some people). I'm talking about his utter failure to follow through on an extremely important campaign promise.

Last year, I endorsed then-Senator Obama after reading this news story. It explained that the president was a fan of microbrews, while Senator McCain preferred Bud Light. Now we find out that for the most highly anticipated beer in White House history, President Obama has chosen to drink that very same disgusting beverage.

For a beer lover like me, this is a stomach punch. This is like "Read my lips," but with a nasty after taste.

Mr. President, please, for the good of the nation, don't drink that beer.

---------------
Addendum: President Obama actually has two separate beers named after him. Why not serve one of those?

No comments: