Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BrewHappens

For the first time in a long time, I’m going to be brewing a BeerHappens original beer. I started brewing almost two years ago but have been on hiatus for a little while because other obligations keep getting in the way. That all changes tonight when I whip up a batch of a new brew I’m calling “Zitrus.”

If you’ve been studying your German, you already know that the goal with this brew is to make something with a wonderful citrusy flavor. I’ve done wheat beers with lemon before and we all know how much I love Sam Summer, but I’m hoping to get that thirst quenching citrus flavor without abandoning barley malts. I’m also planning on using some lime juice which I admit is a little risky; I don’t want this to come out tasting like this (or worse, this). Still, I’ve got confidence in my brewing abilities and I’ll be sure to post in a few weeks when this ale is finished.

Wish me luck!

No comments: